POWr Social Media Icons

Tuesday, 6 September 2011

Allow me to introduce someone important...

...myself. :)

After a lot of thinking, I've decided to start blogging under my real name. I feel like I need to put my name to my story as I'm telling it, and also that I need to "own" the opinions that I'm putting out there. I've been blogging under this pseudonym for nearly three months and it feels like it's time to put a bit more of me into this blog.

I still have concerns about protecting people who could be affected by what I write, and have put a lot of thought into blogging with those concerns in mind. I will still change most names to protect privacy...but I'll start noting when I've done that, and I'll go back through the blog over the next while and note when I've done that. However, I'll also back through the blog and change other things as well:

My sister's name is Rachel, not "Karen", and my father's name is Joel. They pretty much put huge parts of their lives on hold from the phone call in Nanaimo until I came home for good from the Ottawa Rehabilitation Centre (Rehab Centre #2; Rehab Centre #1 is Penatanguishene General Hospital). My mother, Jean, died two years before all of this happened.

I am so grateful to my family for everything that they did to stand by me when I was recovering. I'm also grateful to Rachel's then-boyfriend and now husband, Gavin, for the support that he gave to both her and to me; to all my friends (especially Kim, who sat with my family during the craniotomy and then convinced the nurses that she was my adopted sister so that she could come visit me right after)...for the people who visited me, and prayed for me...for my doctors (especially Dr. Katz, who I don't think I ever did thank properly)...

And I'm grateful to all of you for reading. My name is Sarah Levis. It's nice to meet you. :)

1 comment:

  1. Brave move, Sarah! Well done.

    ReplyDelete