POWr Social Media Icons

Sunday, 9 October 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

So today is Canadian Thanksgiving...and with that in mind, here are some things that I'm thankful for:

1. I've got all my basic needs met: food, water, a place to live, affordable medical care, etc.

2. I've got a wonderful, supportive family...including my beautiful niece, Gillian, who is celebrating her first Thanksgiving today.

3. Even though I haven't got a job, I'm actually doing a lot of what I love right now - writing. And I'm taking steps every day toward turning that into a job.

4. I live in a community that, over and over again, has shown itself to be full of friends, sometimes when I least expect it and most need it.

5. I have friends all over the world. That's a really cool feeling.

6. I live in a country that values peace-keeping, human rights and taking care of its vulnerable citizens.

7. I'm much more than my disabilities.

8. "The Big Bang Theory" is on every night now. :)

Happy Thanksgiving, Canada.



No comments:

Post a Comment