It's my understanding that "liebster" is German for "favourite". The Liebster Award is awarded by bloggers to other up-and-coming bloggers whose blogs have less than 200 followers.
The official rules for the Liebster Awards are as follows:
- You must thank the person who gave you this award
- You must display the Liebster heart on your blog
- You should nominate 3 to 5 up-and-coming blogs with less than 200 subscribers
- Each person must post 11 random things about themselves
- Answer the questions given to you by the blogger who nominated you
- Create 11 questions for those you nominate to answer
- Notify your nominees and provide a link back to your post.
- You’re not supposed to do “ping-backs”
So...here we go.
Here are 11 random things that you might not know about me:
- I was 12.5 lbs when I was born (biggest baby ever to be born in my hospital at the time, although I'm not sure I still hold that record)
- I've seen "Star Wars" so many times that I could probably recite it if I had to
- I read very, very quickly
- Jon Stewart is my celebrity crush
- Processed cheese slices make me ill
- I've been to the Arctic Circle
- I can fall asleep just about anywhere
- I don't own a cell phone
- I hate, hate, hate doing dishes.
- I used to be able to walk around on the tips of my toes without the special ballet shoes (not for many years, though)
- I've seen every episode of "Seinfeld"
Here are Linda's 11 questions for me:
- What is your favorite travel destination and why? Ecuador. I didn't think I was going to like it all when we visited my sister and her husband there, but it's such a beautiful country...I'd go back in a heartbeat.
- Do you own any pets? If so, what kinds? I own 2 cats - Faira is eleven years old, and Mindee is 6 years old.
- Rain, sunshine, snow, or cloudy? Sunshine, definitely...although there's something nice about snow right at Christmas (if only it would go away right after!)
- The mountains or the beach? If I couldn't be in a place where there's fairly easy access to both (like the West Coast), I'd choose the beach.
- How do you motivate yourself to exercise? I keep telling myself that it will help keep my weight down...lol.
- Did you make a New Year’s resolution? Share if you like. I don't make resolutions, but I do think about directions in which I'd like to go for the year. I'm trying to focus on improving my health this year.
- Who is your bestest (yes, bestest is a word in my world) Valentine? My niece.
- What was your favorite all-time Valentine gift? Roses and a homemade dinner.
- How far in advance do you plan a vacation? Two or three months
- What is your dream car? Don't really have one...but I did get to drive a BMW once, and it was pretty nice.
- If you could move to any other city in the world, where would it be? It's a toss-up between London and New York. I love them both.
Here are the bloggers to whom I'd like to give a Liebster! (This was a tough decision...)
Please visit their blogs! I've learned a tremendous amount from all of them.
My questions for the bloggers that I chose:
- Why did you decide to start blogging?
- Are you a morning person or a night owl?
- If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What's your all-time favourite movie?
- What was your first concert?
- Have you ever spent all day in your pajamas (as an adult)?
- What was your first pet's name? Where did that name come from?
- What's your favourite board game?
- Do you know how to ballroom dance?
- Can you play an instrument? If so, which one?
- What's your dream job?